Sunday, July 26, 2020

A table of Polish names




My good friend Andrew Knapp recently ran me and two other players through a three-shot set in Weird 17th century Poland. It was an excellent module, full of small town intrigue and fickle folktale creatures and apparitions. So, I was inspired to make...





A 2d20 table of male and female Polish names




(I can't for the life of me figure out tables on Blogger so you'll have to put up with the screenshot version for the moment)

Caveats

- Not all of these are 17th-century vetted, but I did purposefully go with more old fashioned and rare names in many cases, to create that "reality effect".
- Versions in parentheses are diminutives, used as nicknames.
- Female family names with two versions: the first one on the left is for unmarried women (maiden name), the second on the right for married and widowed women (married name).
- I am not a Polish speaker. If something here is way off, do let me know.


Don't forget to leave a generous offering for your Domovoi when you go off adventuring!



2 comments: