Saturday, July 18, 2020

Dark Sun with LotFP





A common question I hear asked about Lamentations of the Flame Princess is if it is easy to use with other settings. To which I answer with a resounding YES.







Dark Sun is my favorite TSR DnD setting, and it is naturally a good marriage with LotFP, with its unforgiving approach to lethality and its openness to the possibilites and dangers of Weird Magical Horror.

In the last couple years I ran a few sessions in the setting. Out of those games, and inspiration from Adventures in Parn and the original 2e box set, and in collaboration with Marquis Hartis, I put together the following document. If you use it, let me know how your Lamentations through Athas went!






4 comments:

  1. That one Dark Sun game you ran for me was so memorable, good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been deeply attracted to this setting since first discovering it within the last year. I need to look at these books someday.

    ReplyDelete